- preheat a large pan that has a lid on medium heat
- wash and trim the zucchini, slice it in to 1 inch rounds
- try to fit the rounds in to just one or two layers in the pan
- add a splash of water (just to get some steam going) and put the lid on
- stir the zucchini a few times
- after about 8-10 minutes the zucchini should be soft
- transfer the zucchini and any liquid left in the pan to a blender or food processor and blend until desired consistency.
- use in three days or freeze in ice cube trays and transfer cubes to a freezer bag for 3 months
I think that if you had a vegetable steamer you could use that instead. I needed the steaming water to make the puree really smooth as my baby is new to solids. You could add less liquid if your baby is used to some textures.