Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Left over Chicken

So like I had said below, I made a lot of chicken. A lot. I had leftovers and I don't really like eating leftovers. So I did a two things with the leftovers.

chicken pasta salad: pulled the chicken off the bones and added it in large chunks to a pasta salad that I had made that was made with whole wheat pasta, a tangy dressing and bell peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onion and broccoli.

chicken and sweet potato baby food: pulled the meat off of the bones and rough chopped it and tossed it in the blender. It was about 1 cup of meat. Simmered about 1 cup of sweet potato until soft and let it cool, reserving the cooking liquid. Put the sweet potato in with the chicken and pureed. I had to add some of the sweet potato water to smooth it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment