Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Roasted Rack of Lamb


Big Daddy H here. We were at Costco and saw some nice looking rack of lamb (from Australia...fancy). I thought I would give it a go, I've never cooked lamb before. I decided to follow Gordon Ramsay's mantra "KEEP IT SIMPLE". I didn't follow any particular recipe other than breezing through a few cook books, and taking what I thought was interesting and tossing the rest (most recipes were basic salt and pepper...almost too simple). It went something like this.
  • Chopped Fresh Rosemary (1 sprig ?)
  • 2 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
  • Toss this into a bowl, add Salt and Pepper, some dried Oregano, bread crumbs and Olive Oil
  • Put a bit of Olive Oil in a roasting pan or dish, place the lamb in the dish meat side up
  • Crack some pepper onto the lamb
  • Rub the side of the lamb with Dijon Mustard
  • Add the Bread Crumb mixture to the lamb

We had roasted potatoes, so those were already in the oven cooking. After about 25 minutes of these in a 380 oven, the heat was raised to 400 and in went the lamb. After 20 minutes, the 'tatoes were ready and the lamb was cooked to a medium rare. (during the last 9 minutes, I chopped up some carrots and got them boiling).

I think they turned out well....they didn't last long on the plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment