Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sea-Food Pasta

Big Daddy H here again. Friday night I decided to do something with sea-food and pasta. Again, I didn't follow any specific recipe. Here's what I put together.

  • 1 Package of Pollack (it's a fish that has the same texture and taste as crab and is very inexpensive)
  • 20 small scallops
  • 1 package of pre-cooked shrimp (fresh is always better, but the pre-cooked frozen stuff is not bad)
  • hand full of whole wheat pasta

I got a pot of boiling salted water going. While waiting, I heated a pan, added olive oil, and pan seared the scallops. Salt and Pepper the scallops before hitting the pan. Be very very careful with the these as they can be over cooked very easily. Flip them once the side is a nice caramelized brown. Once cooked (doesn't take long) take them out of the pan and let them rest. By this time. the pasta was being put in the boiling water. Toss the shrimps in the pan that the scallops were in to heat them up (low heat).

Now, begin the sauce. I didn't want a marinara sauce so I went with a home made Alfredo. By no means is this a low cal dish. In a pan I put a quarter cup of butter, a half cup of whipping cream, added some salt and pepper and some dried oregano. I left this at a low heat and let it reduce a bit. When the past was almost done, I added a cup of fresh Parmesan cheese, and then tossed the shrimp and pollack into the sauce. Pull the pasta out, drain, put in a serving dish. Add the sauce. Put the Scallops on top. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment