Saturday, April 18, 2009

Eating and drinking through Vancouver Island

Where else would you like to be in April in Canada? Victoria of course! We flew out for a family get together and travelled around the Island a bit. We ate well.


Halibut and Chips in Victoria in the harbour

We went to Merridale Estate Cidery for a walk around and to eat at the restaurant. It didn't dissapoint. I only wish we had been there a little later in the season to see the orchard in bloom. It was still a lovely way to spend the morning.
http://www.merridalecider.com/ciderhouse/pubs-and-restaurants-serving-our-cider

Make a reservation for lunch if you ever go!
H had the Roast Chicken Pot Pie. So so good and paired it with the cider they reccomended.
I had the roast pork sandwich with brie and their home made apple relish. I am salivating remembering this 0ne. I had a glass of the MerriBerri cider and it was a perfect pairing.

To be honest I wanted to eat everything on their menu it all looked so good. Well except the curried egg salad sandwich that was the special, I didn't need to try that.

Up the Island we go...

In a little seaside place in Qualicum Beach I had an Oyster Burger and H had the fish and chips...again. I wasn't sure I'd like an Oyster Burger as I hadn't had oysters cooked before. But I did. Maybe it was the generous amounts of tarter sauce, I don't know.
We also hit up a few vineyards while in the Cowichan Bay area. Check out this place if you are ever in the area. Their bistro opens after Easter so we missed out but the grounds were gorgeous and the staff helpfula and knowledgeable.







No comments:

Post a Comment