Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Steak and Potatoes

BDH here. I decided the other day that I wanted a steak sandwich for dinner. But, I didn;t just want a steak on bread. I needed something a bit more. I hit the grocey store and bought a couple round steaks, some baby white potatoes, french bread, double smoked bacon and some button mushrooms. Keeping with Ramsays 'Keep it Simple' I wasn't going to do anything really 'over the top'.

I covered the steaks in fresh cracked pepper and then wrapped them in the double smoked bacon (I assumed the salt from the bacon would be more than enough). I added some fresh chopped garlic and olive oil and threw the steaks in the oven on a grill pan (this would have been so much better on the BBQ, but we have been hit with the never ending winter so the BBQ will hae to wait).


I tossed the baby white potatoes into a pot to boil and then started a pan for the mushrooms and onions.

After the potatoes were almost cooked through, I took them out, cut them in half, hit them with some dried herb & salt and pepper and threw them in the oven with the steaks. (to be honest, I'm not sure how long I cooked the steak...I was looking for medium rare, but I ended up with medium so they were in a little longer than I wanted...I am still learning about this cooking thing >wink<).


When the steak was ready, I placed it on a a piece of French Bread and put the mushrooms on top.
A very filling sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment