Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tapas In Fulham - El Metro



Big Daddy H here. I just returned from a weekend in London (Fulham area), and despite what some might think, I was able to tear myself away from the English Pubs, Pints and Fish and Chip shops to enjoy some other flavours.



We swung by a place 1 block off Fulham Broadway and Hardwood Rd (right by the Fulham Broadway Station...ok, granted, we thought it was a traditional English pub at first....). El Metro, is a quaint little spot that kind of has the look of an old pub that's been refurbished to be Spanish Bar/Eatery. Initially we were going to eat on the patio, but changed our minds and sat inside. We were quickly greeted by all the staff (the service was fantastic) The inside was clean and compact and every so often vibrated to the rumble of the train directly underneath.

I had at first, before entering the place, thought I wanted a proper English fry up, but once I saw the Tapas menu, I immediately changed my mind. They had a special of 4 - Tapas, glass of wine, and desert for 7.95 (UK). I was sold.


I chose the Crispy Calamari, Mushroom, Onion & Pepper Salad (awesome...the light salt and olive oil was perfect), Mussels & Eggplant and cheese (this was almost like scallop potatoes except with eggplant)


The mussels were a bit small and the sauce could have used a bit more salt, but overall, everything was excellent.
I had a glass of the house red (not bad) and finished it all off with creme caramel (very good).
I would highly recommend this gem if you are ever in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment