Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Guinness Pork Ribs

When I returned from my vacation I wanted to do something to salute the 'black stuff' beverage from the emerald isle. I had a few racks of pork ribs and thought, what better than Guinness Marinated BBQ Ribs. Here's what I did:
  • I seasoned the pork ribs with sea salt and pepper and placed them in a roasting pan
  • I rough chopped 1 yellow onion and 5 cloves of garlic and tossed into the pan
  • 3 full bottles of Guinness were added so the meat was thoroughly covered
  • The ribs were in the fridge for 2 days (soaking up the good stuff)
  • The BBQ was ready and the ribs were on medium heat until crispy
  • 2 of the racks I added a bit more seasoning, 2 racks I added some BBQ sauce

The ribs turned out great ! The Guinness flavour wasn't super strong, but it was there in the background.

Be careful when you BBQ these as they can burn easily, especially when the BBQ sauce is added.

A fresh green salad and roasted potatoes finished off the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment