Tuesday, September 22, 2009

When not to deep fry......

I have to be honest. I love deep fried food. Fish & Chips. Wantons. Chicken Fingers. Tempura. I could go on.
BUT, there are all sorts of foods that should never be dipped in the bubbling fat, like cake for instance...I don't think any sane person would do this. However, in my travels I've come across some deep fried oddities, and I'm not talking about bugs (funny how these things always seem to show up at fun fairs, outdoor carnivals and circus'. Is eating this strange stuff the reason the fat lady has a beard or the truth behind the mysterious dog-boy?). For example, who's bright idea was it to deep fry a peperoni stick ?? They're already tasty and bad for you in their natural form, let alone deep fried. I'm sure some might liken this to a corn dog, but I disagree. Also, what Einstein decided a Mars bar would be the 'be all end all' when it was deep fried ?? I've also seen Deep Fried Ice Cream, Oreo's and dough. YES dough...isn't that a doughnut ? Apparently not.
Now, I consider myself adventurous, so at some point I'm sure I'll throw back a deep fried peperoni stick...but I think it will be a cold day in hell before a deep fried Mars bar ever crosses these lips.
What are your thoughts ? To Deep Fry or Not to Deep Fry ? That is the question.....

No comments:

Post a Comment