Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Great British Pub Food


It's no big shock that I'm a fan of Gordon Ramsay. As a matter of fact, I'll be curling up tonight to catch Hell's Kitchen on the tube. I have a couple of Ramsay's books and while I think they're pretty good, I still find that I'm not interested in 100% of what he's written up.
The other day I was in Chapters and flipped through a copy of his Great British Pub Food. I immediately thought "mmmmmm". Again, there's no shock I LOVE English Pub Food. I say English Pub Food since our local Pub Food consists usually of deep fried wings, nacho's, chicken fingers and other greasy tid-bits. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hitting a local and scarfing down a plate of hot wings with the best of them. But when I think GOOD Pub Food I think English Pub Food. Things like, Pot Pies, Beef Stews, Proper Fish and Chips.
I intend to pick this up as a Santa gift for my stocking this year and get started ASAP. This should give our Dismal Cook Book Project a shot in the arm.
searching the book I came across this persons adventure through the book. Enjoy !

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for stopping by the blog. The Ramsay book will make a great stocking filler, you will be making your pies and roasts in no time. Though you will have to find your own dart board and warm beer! :O)

    Jon (ramsayspubfoodathome)

    ReplyDelete