Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Clean out the 'fridge Quesadilla

This evening was a 'clean out the 'fridge' night. We had a few spicy sausages that we had to eat up and we didn't want to eat them as is. My first thought was TACO...but we also have ground beef to get rid of so that will be later this week. I looked in the 'fridge and saw some whole wheat tortillas and voila...QUESADILLAS !

Here's what I did:

  • got the sausages going in a pan
  • grated some cheddar cheese (I had ha;f a package so I grated the whole thing...the left over will be used in the tacos)
  • pulled out 1 yellow onion, 1 green pepper and a bunch of button mushrooms, chopped them got them going in a pan. I added some cracked pepper, salt, and some dried herbs
  • once the sausage was done I took them off the heat and cut them up into thin pieces
  • on one tortilla i placed the sausage pieces randomly, then added the onion, green pepper and mushroom and topped it with cheese.
  • add the second tortilla and straight into a heated pan
  • once the side was crispy flip
  • once that side was crispy, it was placed on a cutting board and cut into 8 pieces

Add a touch of sour cream and mmm mmm mmm...a filling clean out the 'fridge dinner !

(so filling in fact, the leftovers are for lunch tomorrow)

No comments:

Post a Comment