Thursday, December 17, 2009

Guilty Pleasures - Fast Food


I'm as guilty as the next when it comes to food that's bad for you. I'll talk smack about all the nasty bits that are inside a chicken nugget, but I'll gleefully chomp them down when they are smothered in individual pre-packaged processed BBQ sauce. I'll swear off the stuff when I watch something like 'Super Size Me' or see hordes of overweight people packed in line at KFC, but eventually, the craving gets the best of me and I'll be one of the masses moving slowly through the cattle rails to the till where you hear the familiar phrase "coke with that?".


Why is this stuff sooooo addictive? I have visions of the Simpson's episode when all the characters where chasing after the final Rib-Wich and the rich German gives up his car for the coveted treat only to look blankly after it's finished and state " I have the buyers remorse". This is how I feel after each gorging. I'm sure many will agree, when you get the fast food call, you'd step over your own mother to get your hands on the [insert nasty food-thing here] and once it's greasy bulk slides into your stomach and you feel the uneasy twitchings of your body saying 'WTF IS THAT?!?!?" you immediately feel like you should should have a steel brush shower, go to confession and/or run to the nearest toilet to cry the blues and ask God 'why am I so weak?'


I have tried to cut this 'stuff' out but to date have been unsuccessful. I have, however, limited my visits as well as tried to focus on the ones that aren't as bad (or at least, they seem like they aren't as bad). Places like Subway & Edo Japan, seem, to be a bit better so I'll choose these over Mc D's or Wendy's (I haven't been to an A&W for years...I can honestly say, I can't remember the last time).


I suppose a little guilty pleasure every now and then isn't the end of the world. I'll re-evaluate when I get out of breath walking to the girl taking my order.

No comments:

Post a Comment