Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Choco Chunkies

Children's Cottage Cookie Book
Choco Chunkies

1 1/2 cups smooth or crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup flour
8 squares semi-sweet chocolate chopped

Preheat oven to 350 f.

In a medium bowl, cream peanut butter and butter. Gradually beat in sugars. Blend in eggs, vanilla and baking soda. Mix in rolled oats and flour. Stir in chocolate chunks.

Drop dough on a greased or lined cookie sheet. Keep dough refrigerated between batches being cooked or it gets crumbly. Bake 9-10 minutes. Allow to cool on tray for a few minutes before transferring to cooling racks.

Makes 4 dozen.

So when I made these I used natural peanut butter, the stuff where the ingredient list is peanuts and that is it along with whole wheat flour which makes me feel better about feeding to my son and eating myself. No ingredients I can't pronounce. The dough was a little crumbly by the end but they still came out nicely, I should have chilled the dough more I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment