Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Beer Bread

I was flipping through an old Jamie Oliver Naked Chef cookbook and found his section on bread, and since I'm all bread-tastic these days I read through what he had to say. One of the recipes was for beer bread. It was basically a bread recipe with beer instead of water....


so


Since I had a neat beer in the 'fridge (of course)...that beer is La Fin Du Monde

I decided this would be a good one to use.

I used the recipe found in the previous post and just used beer instead of water and did not add the cheese....I still added the oregano...1) I like the smell and taste and 2) I thought it might add a bit of flavour


It worked out GREAT !


My dough didn't rise much and I waited longer...I'll chalk that up to the fact that we had an 'ass snapping' cold weekend and the dough was not getting any external heat.

In the end it still worked out and had a nice taste...not super beery...

This is the type of bread that would be great as a starter with a flavoured butter, while sipping a beer and waiting for your tray of meats and cheeses.


Next ?


I'm going to make SAUSAGE !


Look at me go !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment